- Tony Blair: World must take a stand against radical Islam - Ha'aretz April 24, 2014The world must take a stand against Islamic fundamentalism and support the principles of religious freedom and open economies, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Quartet representative to the Middle East, was to say Wednesday in a speech at the Bloomberg London H.
- Russia threatens force in Ukraine - USA Today April 24, 2014Ukrainian police liberated a small town in the east of the country from pro-Russian separatist groups Wednesday, a day after Ukraine's president revived a military offensive.
- US reacts to Russia's growing clout, warming ties to Egypt by unfreezing weapon aid - Jerusalem Post April 24, 2014The US move to unfreeze the delivery of 10 advanced Apache helicopters to Egypt comes on the heels of Russia's increasing global activity and warming relations with the pivotal Arab country.
- India to pay Iran nearly $2 billion in deal to blunt sanctions bite - CNBC April 24, 2014India is set to pay Iran $1.65 billion over the next three months under an interim nuclear deal that eases sanctions on Tehran and gives it access to $4.2 billion in blocked funds, four sources with knowledge of the matter said.
- RAF Jet Chases Russian Planes Away From UK - Sky News April 24, 2014Two Russian bombers which flew close to UK airspace have been chased away by an RAF jet fighter.
- Russia says military conducts parade drill near Ukraine - Reuters April 24, 2014Russian military units on Wednesday conducted drills to rehearse for a parade in the southwestern Rostov region, which borders Ukraine, a spokesman for Russia's southern military district said.
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report - Washington Times April 24, 2014A secret U.S. base in Libya that was originally created by special operations forces to train authorities to hunt down terrorists has been converted into a terrorist training camp.